- We are pleased to announce clinician Brianne Layden recently received APA's Outstanding Psychology Student Award.
- Please feel free to contact us to find out more about our individual client services, adult skills groups, and adolescent skills group.
At the Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) Centre of Vancouver, we use compassionate, scientifically supported treatments to help people achieve goals that are important to them and increase the quality of their lives. Our clinicians provide evidence-based individual, group, and family services, and we continually evaluate the quality of these services. We have a full DBT program, including individual therapy, telephone consultation, skills training groups, and a therapist consultation team.
The founders of the DBT Centre of Vancouver completed 2-year post-doctoral fellowships with Dr. Marsha Linehan, who developed DBT. Although we specialize in the treatment of Borderline Personality Disorder and other associated problems, we also have extensive training in providing evidence-based treatment for a variety of other problems. In addition, we offer consultation, training, and community outreach programs to help students and professionals learn about effective treatments.
Among the problems we can assist people with are:
- Problems managing emotions
- Suicidal thinking or behaviour (e.g., suicide attempts)
- Self-injury and other self-destructive behaviours
- Borderline personality disorder
- Impulsive behaviours that can be dangerous (such as reckless driving, spending, sex, etc.)
- Anxiety and related problems
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Alcohol or drug problems
- Eating disorders (Bulimia & Binge-Eating)
- Anger management problems
- Chronic feelings of emptiness
- Difficulties building and maintaining healthy relationships
- Problems with sexual health or functioning
- Other quality of life issues